Need a healthy little snack to get you through the day or even a small appetizer to serve at the dinner table? Why not a simple Feta, pistachio, and honey dipped treat?!
Feta is a versatile and low calorie cheese that is high in Calcium, Riboflavin, Zinc, Selenium, Phosphorous, and a number of B vitamins! In addition it is an excellent source of probiotics! Pistachios are also a powerhouse of nutritional benefits as they offer a generous dosage of healthy fats, fibers, proteins, and antioxidants. This makes them an excellent choice of snack for weight loss and cholesterol lowering goals. These two health conscious choices of snack pair beautifully with honey, which also serves as an extra shot of natural antioxidants, for salty sweet match made in heaven!
This simple how-to for Pistachio and Honey Rolled Feta Bites is great for snacking or for serving a gathering at any gathering.
Pistachio and Honey Rolled Feta Bites
- 1 cup of shelled pistachios (more may be needed)
- 1 block of feta cheese (use at least 2 of 3 for parties)
- ½ cup honey
- Serving tray
- Bowls to hold crushed pistachios and honey.
- Crush pistachios until fine. This can be done with a food processor or by placing pistachios in a zip lock bag and then crushed manually with a flat, firm object. Ex. the bottom of a mug or cup. Set aside in one small bowl.
- Add ½ cup of honey to a separate bowl. More may be needed depending on how many you’re serving.
- Dice feta cheese into 1x1 inch cubes and gently skewer with toothpicks.
- Dip each cube into the honey bowl, letting excess drip off.
- Gently roll the honey coated cube in the crushed pistachios until fully covered.
- Set aside the serving tray and enjoy!
TIP: Letting your freshly dipped and rolled feta cubes set in the fridge for a few minutes will help them firm up and stick better if you’re planning on serving them at a later time.