It’s widely encouraged to incorporate green vegetables into your diet on a regular basis. This is because veggies like broccoli, asparagus, and spinach contain very high amounts of vitamin A amongst a vast slue of other core vitamins and minerals. Vitamin A is important in all stages of our lives as it helps maintain normal vision, our immune systems, our reproductive health, and general organ health.
Thankfully, there’s a million different ways to ensure that these green goodies are a part of your daily diet. They can safely be eaten raw with dressings and salads, or baked or cooked with your favorite proteins. Broccoli in particular is very good at absorbing other flavors and that it’s prepared with. Pairing them a protein can only enhance their flavor and maximize the amount of essential vitamins and minerals you can get in a single meal! Trying something akin to our Shrimp, Broccoli, and Asparagus recipe is a very easy place to start!
- 2 lbs Raw Shrimp, medium
- 4 cups broccoli florets
2 cups Chopped Asparagus
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce, low-sodium
Baking & Spices
- 1 tbsp Italian spices
Oils & Vinegars
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- Slice lemon
- Clean and peel shrimp, if now done so already, and add to a large saute pan. Gently cook over medium to high heat and add tbsp of olive oil. Stir regularly. Shrimp will be pink on both sides and curled inwards when fully cooked.
- Remove shrimp from pan to a plate and set aside. Drain excess water and oil.
- Add produce, soy sauce and Italian spices to the pan and cook gently at a medium heat. Add remaining 4 tbsp of olive oil and stir until cooked. Broccoli and Asparagus will be slightly soft when done.
- While waiting for the vegetables to cook, begin preparing Quinoa to the directions indicated on the package.
- When the vegetables are complete, return the shrimp to the pan and reheat at a low temp until Quinoa is finished.
- Serve veggies and shrimp over quinoa with a lemon wedge and enjoy!