We think it’s safe to say that the holidays are officially upon us! Time to break out that recipe book for the most elaborate dishes possible just for the appetizer as your next upcoming get together, or do you? When it comes to appetizers and finger foods, sometimes less truly is more, you just have to know what to work with!
Our simple recipe for Prosciutto, Pear, and Blue Cheese Bites makes for delicious and festive, as well as health conscious, treats for any party spread!
The goodness in the ingredients:
Due to the high sodium content on Prosciutto, it may not be a snack that you want to go overboard with on the daily, but it does contain a considerable amount of protein, iron, zinc, copper, as well as selenium (a vital antioxidant that help protect the immune system).
Pears are considered a powerhouse fruit that are as tasty as they are packed with fibers and essential vitamins. When eaten with the peel, Pears offer a plethora of nutrients that can help fight inflammation and promote better gut and heart health.
This delectable little mold packs a punch in flavor, and generally not too much is needed to enhance any flavor. In addition to that powerful note, blue cheese is chock full of calcium and vitamins that help maintain bone health and our immune systems. It also contains inflammation reducing compounds that can help keep our hearts ticking properly as well.
- 6 oz Prosciutto (thinly sliced)
- 2 large, ripe Pears (cut into wedges)
- 3 oz Blue Cheese (cut into blocks)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup arugula (garnish)
- In a large bowl, toss pear wedges and lemon juice together. This will keep them from browning while waiting to be served.
- Lay out a slice of prosciutto and top with a pear slice and blue cheese chunk.
- Carefully roll the pear slice and blue cheese up with the prosciutto slice and tuck a small piece of arugula under the final roll for garnish. Repeat and enjoy!