Eating health conscious, homemade meals can be tricky at times. Depending on the recipe, they can be time consuming to prep and perhaps not filling enough to keep over snacking temptations at bay. Thankfully, that doesnt always have to be the case, you just need the right ingredients!
Salads are very easy to make, and depending on what you toss in, they can be filling and packed with essential nutrients for your daily diet, and that’s why we recommend a Chickpea, Avocado, and Feta salad!
This salad is a quick and easy way to get a healthy dosage of protein as well as probiotics. Whether plant or animal derived, proteins are a macronutrient that your body relies on for a diverse amount of functions. It is a key nutrient for keeping your bones healthy throughout your lifetime and also helps boost your natural metabolism. This is why an increase of protein in your diet is advised for those looking to lose weight, as it also helps burn excess fat.
Chickpeas and avocados are an excellent source of plant based proteins as well as folates, vitamins, and fibers that the probiotics in feta cheese will love!
Chickpea, Avocado, and Feta Salad
- 2 ripe avocados (pitted and chopped)
- 1 can of chickpeas (15oz. drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup of grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients (excluding lime juice and salt and pepper) to a medium bowl and stir until well incorporated and mixed.
- Squeeze lime juice over salad and gently stir in salt and pepper. Enjoy!