We’re coming at you with another guilt free summer treat to help beat the summer heat! This week we’re feeling green, but not with envy, this is a shout out to kiwis!
Kiwis are a perfectly tasty bundle of nutrients wrapped up in a fuzzy little skin. Speaking of that skin, did you know that it’s edible and is packed with fiber that your microbiome would love to munch down on! That’s why for this recipe for Kiwi Sorbet, we say “Keep that skin on!”
Now for that super flavorful meat inside, kiwis are also packed with antioxidants, vitamins C, E, and K, and potassium! In conjunction with being one of the few fruits that contain E, all of these vital nutrients make kiwis a strong contender to help fight heart diseases and boost your immune system.
Creamy Kiwi Sorbet
Serving size: 2
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Food processor or blender
- Medium sized bowl
- 3 ripe kiwis
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- With peel still on, cut kiwis in half and then in fourths. (1-inch thick rounds)
- Place the slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer until solid – around 1 hour.
- Add the frozen kiwi slices, and remaining ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse the fruit until smooth. You may have to scrape the sides down a few times to break up any chunks.
- Pour your mix into a separate bowl and chill again for one hour.
- Serve and enjoy!